Monday, January 26, 2009

Blame it on the Snow


At least that’s the excuse I’m using. The snow hit Seattle just before Christmas and set off a chain of events that kept me from updating my blog. Nothing bad happened ---- just 3 weeks of kids at home and not a lot of places to go. We were very thankful for our Subaru that helped keep us in hot chocolate and coffee. And thank god for restaurants that deliver.

I do love Christmas and all the trimmings, but I love January just as much. The start of the New Year offers a fresh start with all the decorations put away (lights on the patio are coming down today!) and the house feeling fresh and clean again.

How my favorite stores transition from Christmas to January is always of keen interest. So far I’ve seen an array of bright, crisp colors in shop windows including big splashes of aqua at Nordstrom. Martha Stewart Living’s January cover provides inspiration, this year with very bright yellows and oranges.


The roads and clear now, school is open, everyone is back on schedule and we can start planning 2009 with a clean slate.

No comments: