Saturday, January 9, 2010

New Year Inspirations


I love January. Though a bit of a cliché, the start of a new year offers a fresh start just when it feels like we need it the most. The air is cool and crisp air (thankfully not too cold in Seattle right now), and nothing beats the clean feeling in the house after Christmas decorations are put away for another year. One of the things I enjoy most about the new start is the fresh look ahead offered by design magazines and catalogs. Elle Décor is my favorite this month with this is a room that I could hang out all month in and read.




Although Martha Stewart Living isn’t an interior design cover, this month I love the crisp cool colors. I also made her soup and popovers…very tasty.



Lots of yellow pops up on covers this month, including catalogs like CB2 and West Elm. They may not be high-brow design, but how can you not beat the promise of "Clean + Simple" and a "Bright New Decade?"

Happy New Year!

No comments: